A quick take on Syracuse’s 37-34 against Tulane:
WHAT HAPPENED: Ross Krautman’s 21-yard field goal as time expired lifted the Orange to its fourth win of the season. Syracuse looked good coming out of the gates, scoring 31 points in the first half, but could muster only six points the rest of the way.
ANALYSIS: You can’t say the Orange don’t have experience with the dramatic. Syracuse squandered an impressive first half and needed a 13-play, 70 yard drive with 2:53 left on the clock to win it. But there are concerns across the board including the Orange offense looking completely lost in the second half and quarterback Ryan Nassib’s underwhelming 186 yard performance.
HERO: Ross Krautman was a perfect 3 for 3 in field goal attempts and also was a perfect 4 of 4 on extra point attempts.
ZERO: Syracuse’s secondary was torched by Tulane, as Ryan Griffin was 24 for 30 for 320 yards and two touchdowns. Twelve different receivers caught a pass, led by Xavier Rush, who had four receptions for 135 yarsd and two touchdowns, including a 60 yard bomb from Griffin for a touchdown with 2:11 in the second quarter and another for 58 yards with 2:53 left in the fourth quarter.
- Adelson: Syracuse football improved, but still ‘four to five’ win team - August 24, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: Can Eric Dungey stay healthy? - August 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska transfer Andrew White down to Syracuse, VCU - August 22, 2016
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - August 18, 2016
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Cameron Reddish hearing most from Villanova, Duke, Syracuse - August 16, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: How will the defense adjust to Tampa 2? - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green includes Syracuse in final nine - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Ethan Thompson talking to Syracuse about visit - August 12, 2016
- Omari Palmer — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - August 11, 2016