A quick take on Syracuse’s 37-34 against Tulane:
WHAT HAPPENED: Ross Krautman’s 21-yard field goal as time expired lifted the Orange to its fourth win of the season. Syracuse looked good coming out of the gates, scoring 31 points in the first half, but could muster only six points the rest of the way.
ANALYSIS: You can’t say the Orange don’t have experience with the dramatic. Syracuse squandered an impressive first half and needed a 13-play, 70 yard drive with 2:53 left on the clock to win it. But there are concerns across the board including the Orange offense looking completely lost in the second half and quarterback Ryan Nassib’s underwhelming 186 yard performance.
HERO: Ross Krautman was a perfect 3 for 3 in field goal attempts and also was a perfect 4 of 4 on extra point attempts.
ZERO: Syracuse’s secondary was torched by Tulane, as Ryan Griffin was 24 for 30 for 320 yards and two touchdowns. Twelve different receivers caught a pass, led by Xavier Rush, who had four receptions for 135 yarsd and two touchdowns, including a 60 yard bomb from Griffin for a touchdown with 2:11 in the second quarter and another for 58 yards with 2:53 left in the fourth quarter.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017