A quick take on Syracuse’s 37-34 against Tulane:
WHAT HAPPENED: Ross Krautman’s 21-yard field goal as time expired lifted the Orange to its fourth win of the season. Syracuse looked good coming out of the gates, scoring 31 points in the first half, but could muster only six points the rest of the way.
ANALYSIS: You can’t say the Orange don’t have experience with the dramatic. Syracuse squandered an impressive first half and needed a 13-play, 70 yard drive with 2:53 left on the clock to win it. But there are concerns across the board including the Orange offense looking completely lost in the second half and quarterback Ryan Nassib’s underwhelming 186 yard performance.
HERO: Ross Krautman was a perfect 3 for 3 in field goal attempts and also was a perfect 4 of 4 on extra point attempts.
ZERO: Syracuse’s secondary was torched by Tulane, as Ryan Griffin was 24 for 30 for 320 yards and two touchdowns. Twelve different receivers caught a pass, led by Xavier Rush, who had four receptions for 135 yarsd and two touchdowns, including a 60 yard bomb from Griffin for a touchdown with 2:11 in the second quarter and another for 58 yards with 2:53 left in the fourth quarter.
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 17, 2017
- NC State Wolfpack — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 10, 2017
- Ryan Blackwell on Boeheim’s Army, Mike Hopkins leaving, favorite Syracuse moment - July 7, 2017
- LSU Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2017
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017