A quick take on Syracuse’s 37-34 against Tulane:
WHAT HAPPENED: Ross Krautman’s 21-yard field goal as time expired lifted the Orange to its fourth win of the season. Syracuse looked good coming out of the gates, scoring 31 points in the first half, but could muster only six points the rest of the way.
ANALYSIS: You can’t say the Orange don’t have experience with the dramatic. Syracuse squandered an impressive first half and needed a 13-play, 70 yard drive with 2:53 left on the clock to win it. But there are concerns across the board including the Orange offense looking completely lost in the second half and quarterback Ryan Nassib’s underwhelming 186 yard performance.
HERO: Ross Krautman was a perfect 3 for 3 in field goal attempts and also was a perfect 4 of 4 on extra point attempts.
ZERO: Syracuse’s secondary was torched by Tulane, as Ryan Griffin was 24 for 30 for 320 yards and two touchdowns. Twelve different receivers caught a pass, led by Xavier Rush, who had four receptions for 135 yarsd and two touchdowns, including a 60 yard bomb from Griffin for a touchdown with 2:11 in the second quarter and another for 58 yards with 2:53 left in the fourth quarter.
- 2016 forward Sedee Keita has several high-major offers — Cuse Clicks - November 25, 2014
- 2016 5-star point guard Kobi Simmons visits Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 24, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Pitt 30 - November 22, 2014
- Kaleb Joseph shows growth as Syracuse edges Iowa - November 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014
- Thomas Bryant considering Syracuse, Indiana and Missouri — Cuse Clicks - November 20, 2014
- Lake Forest Academy DL Wesley Annan commits to Stanford — Cuse Clicks - November 19, 2014