A quick take on Syracuse’s 37-34 against Tulane:
WHAT HAPPENED: Ross Krautman’s 21-yard field goal as time expired lifted the Orange to its fourth win of the season. Syracuse looked good coming out of the gates, scoring 31 points in the first half, but could muster only six points the rest of the way.
ANALYSIS: You can’t say the Orange don’t have experience with the dramatic. Syracuse squandered an impressive first half and needed a 13-play, 70 yard drive with 2:53 left on the clock to win it. But there are concerns across the board including the Orange offense looking completely lost in the second half and quarterback Ryan Nassib’s underwhelming 186 yard performance.
HERO: Ross Krautman was a perfect 3 for 3 in field goal attempts and also was a perfect 4 of 4 on extra point attempts.
ZERO: Syracuse’s secondary was torched by Tulane, as Ryan Griffin was 24 for 30 for 320 yards and two touchdowns. Twelve different receivers caught a pass, led by Xavier Rush, who had four receptions for 135 yarsd and two touchdowns, including a 60 yard bomb from Griffin for a touchdown with 2:11 in the second quarter and another for 58 yards with 2:53 left in the fourth quarter.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016