In another blow to the Big East, multiple outlets are reporting that TCU will spurn the Big East and accept an invitation to join the Big 12 Conference.
The move is potentially a fatal blow to the Big East, as Syracuse and Pittsburgh announced they were leaving for the ACC last month.
With the three schools leaving, the Big East is down to six football teams and 14 basketball schools. A minimum of seven teams is needed to retain an automatic BCS bowl bid.
TCU will need to pay a $5 million exit fee to the Big East, but doesn’t need to wait the two-year exit period because the school was never a full-fledged member.
Although the Big East is in serious jeopardy right now, the conference has been rumored to be interested in Navy, Army, Air Force, Temple, East Carolina and Central Florida. Additionally, Villanova could become an FBS team in football.
- Syracuse v. Miami Football Predictions - October 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017