A quick take on Syracuse’s 19-16 double overtime loss against Rutgers:
WHAT HAPPENED: Antwon Bailey’s fumble in the second overtime allowed Rutgers to hold on for a 19-16 comeback win in the 2nd OT, dropping SU to 3-2 and 0-1 in the Big East.
ANALYSIS: The Orange seemingly had the game won in the third quarter until a Ryan Nassib goal line interception, and a tired SU defense, on the field twice as long as Rutgers, finally broke in the fourth quarter and OT.
HERO: Rutgers back-up QB Gary Nova led the Knights to the game-tying and game winning points in overtime replacing starter Chas Dodd.
ZERO: SU special teams play. Two FG’s blocked.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 19, Miami 27 - October 21, 2017
- What Are Syracuse’s Chances Of Making a Bowl Game? - October 18, 2017
- Orange Watch: Syracuse football has chance for encore against Top 10 team - October 17, 2017
- Orange Watch: Beating Clemson would accelerate timetable for rebirth of Syracuse football - October 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Pittsburgh 24 - October 7, 2017
- Orange Watch: Already crunch time in ACC for Syracuse football - October 3, 2017
- Orange Watch: The quickest 7-0 score we’ve ever seen in a Syracuse football game - September 27, 2017
- Orange Watch: First Syracuse-LSU meeting in Louisiana was a historic Sugar Bowl tale - September 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 41, Central Michigan 17 - September 16, 2017
- Orange Watch: Former Syracuse coach Scott Shafer classless in victory - September 13, 2017