A quick take on Syracuse’s 19-16 double overtime loss against Rutgers:
WHAT HAPPENED: Antwon Bailey’s fumble in the second overtime allowed Rutgers to hold on for a 19-16 comeback win in the 2nd OT, dropping SU to 3-2 and 0-1 in the Big East.
ANALYSIS: The Orange seemingly had the game won in the third quarter until a Ryan Nassib goal line interception, and a tired SU defense, on the field twice as long as Rutgers, finally broke in the fourth quarter and OT.
HERO: Rutgers back-up QB Gary Nova led the Knights to the game-tying and game winning points in overtime replacing starter Chas Dodd.
ZERO: SU special teams play. Two FG’s blocked.
- Orange Watch: A pleasure to finally meet Syracuse coach Dino Babers - September 27, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 - September 24, 2016
- Orange Watch: Tough to be patient with Syracuse in world of Power Five - September 20, 2016
- Orange Watch: The top quarterbacks to play against Syracuse in Carrier Dome history - September 13, 2016
- Orange Watch: If “Orange is the new fast” for Syracuse football, keep it coming - September 6, 2016
- Orange Watch: Part II, 2016 Syracuse football game-by-game previews and predictions - August 26, 2016
- Orange Watch: Part I, 2016 Syracuse football game-by-game previews and predictions - August 23, 2016
- Orange Watch: Will new Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison return to Syracuse this season? - August 9, 2016
- Orange Watch: NCAA graduate transfer rule could alter 2016-17 Syracuse basketball - July 26, 2016
- Orange Watch: Syracuse football will benefit from new AD, football coach, Carrier Dome - July 12, 2016