HOW THE GAME WAS WON: St. John’s was no match for the Orange on Senior Day the the Carrier Dome. The Orange dominated in all facets of the game, including outshooting the Red Storm 50-26 while forcing 24 turnovers. Offense came from several sources, as 15 different players scored. SU set a season high for goals with 20. Meanwhile, the Red Storm could muster only one goal in the second half.
WHAT IT MEANS: The Orange finished the season 14-1 with a perfect 6-0 record in the Big East. For the second straight year, the Orange won the Big East regular season outright while positioning themselves for the top overall seed in the upcoming NCAA tournament. The graduating class also improved their record to 59-7, adding to their record-breaking win total.
STAR GAZING: Tommy Palasek led the way with two goals and two assists, while seniors Joel White and Stephen Keogh each scored a pair of goals. The senior class was recognized in a brief ceremony before the game.
WHAT’S NEXT: Here comes the NCAA tournament.
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016