HOW THE GAME WAS WON: St. John’s was no match for the Orange on Senior Day the the Carrier Dome. The Orange dominated in all facets of the game, including outshooting the Red Storm 50-26 while forcing 24 turnovers. Offense came from several sources, as 15 different players scored. SU set a season high for goals with 20. Meanwhile, the Red Storm could muster only one goal in the second half.
WHAT IT MEANS: The Orange finished the season 14-1 with a perfect 6-0 record in the Big East. For the second straight year, the Orange won the Big East regular season outright while positioning themselves for the top overall seed in the upcoming NCAA tournament. The graduating class also improved their record to 59-7, adding to their record-breaking win total.
STAR GAZING: Tommy Palasek led the way with two goals and two assists, while seniors Joel White and Stephen Keogh each scored a pair of goals. The senior class was recognized in a brief ceremony before the game.
WHAT’S NEXT: Here comes the NCAA tournament.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands grad transfer guard Andrew White - August 29, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes cuts for Lonnie Walker, Jordan Tucker - August 26, 2016
- Adelson: Syracuse football improved, but still ‘four to five’ win team - August 24, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: Can Eric Dungey stay healthy? - August 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska transfer Andrew White down to Syracuse, VCU - August 22, 2016
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - August 18, 2016
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Cameron Reddish hearing most from Villanova, Duke, Syracuse - August 16, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: How will the defense adjust to Tampa 2? - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green includes Syracuse in final nine - August 15, 2016