HOW THE GAME WAS WON: St. John’s was no match for the Orange on Senior Day the the Carrier Dome. The Orange dominated in all facets of the game, including outshooting the Red Storm 50-26 while forcing 24 turnovers. Offense came from several sources, as 15 different players scored. SU set a season high for goals with 20. Meanwhile, the Red Storm could muster only one goal in the second half.
WHAT IT MEANS: The Orange finished the season 14-1 with a perfect 6-0 record in the Big East. For the second straight year, the Orange won the Big East regular season outright while positioning themselves for the top overall seed in the upcoming NCAA tournament. The graduating class also improved their record to 59-7, adding to their record-breaking win total.
STAR GAZING: Tommy Palasek led the way with two goals and two assists, while seniors Joel White and Stephen Keogh each scored a pair of goals. The senior class was recognized in a brief ceremony before the game.
WHAT’S NEXT: Here comes the NCAA tournament.
- Coach says 2017 Syracuse commit Daewood Davis will ‘stretch the field’ — Cuse Clicks - July 1, 2015
- South Florida Bulls — 2015 Syracuse Football preview - July 1, 2015
- Syracuse picks up first 2017 commit with Daewood Davis — Cuse Clicks - June 30, 2015
- Tyus Battle likes Syracuse ‘a lot’ after his official visit — Cuse Clicks - June 29, 2015
- Syracuse target Christian Colon commits to Penn State — Cuse Clicks - June 26, 2015
- Rakeem Christmas credits Syracuse, Jim Boeheim after being drafted - June 26, 2015
- Chris McCullough predicts November return to Brooklyn Nets - June 26, 2015
- Former Syracuse center Rakeem Christmas lands with Cleveland Cavaliers - June 25, 2015
- Former Syracuse forward Chris McCullough drafted by Brooklyn Nets - June 25, 2015
- Mike Hopkins will officially succeed Jim Boeheim, Syracuse says - June 25, 2015