HOW THE GAME WAS WON: St. John’s was no match for the Orange on Senior Day the the Carrier Dome. The Orange dominated in all facets of the game, including outshooting the Red Storm 50-26 while forcing 24 turnovers. Offense came from several sources, as 15 different players scored. SU set a season high for goals with 20. Meanwhile, the Red Storm could muster only one goal in the second half.
WHAT IT MEANS: The Orange finished the season 14-1 with a perfect 6-0 record in the Big East. For the second straight year, the Orange won the Big East regular season outright while positioning themselves for the top overall seed in the upcoming NCAA tournament. The graduating class also improved their record to 59-7, adding to their record-breaking win total.
STAR GAZING: Tommy Palasek led the way with two goals and two assists, while seniors Joel White and Stephen Keogh each scored a pair of goals. The senior class was recognized in a brief ceremony before the game.
WHAT’S NEXT: Here comes the NCAA tournament.
- Duke, Kentucky check in on injured Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 22, 2014
- Ohio State still involved in VJ King recruitment — Cuse Clicks - December 19, 2014
- Maryland, Wake Forest latest to offer Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - December 18, 2014
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson may be ‘best shooter’ in NJ — Cuse Clicks - December 17, 2014
- Syracuse picks up verbal from Pennsylvania TE/DE Amir Ealey — Cuse Clicks - December 15, 2014
- Kentucky still alive in Thomas Bryant sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - December 11, 2014
- Breaking down the start to Syracuse basketball’s season - December 11, 2014
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski meets with Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 10, 2014
- Jamal Murray stars at Hoopfest, may reclassify to 2015 — Cuse Clicks - December 8, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, St. John’s 69 - December 6, 2014