HOW THE GAME WAS WON: St. John’s was no match for the Orange on Senior Day the the Carrier Dome. The Orange dominated in all facets of the game, including outshooting the Red Storm 50-26 while forcing 24 turnovers. Offense came from several sources, as 15 different players scored. SU set a season high for goals with 20. Meanwhile, the Red Storm could muster only one goal in the second half.
WHAT IT MEANS: The Orange finished the season 14-1 with a perfect 6-0 record in the Big East. For the second straight year, the Orange won the Big East regular season outright while positioning themselves for the top overall seed in the upcoming NCAA tournament. The graduating class also improved their record to 59-7, adding to their record-breaking win total.
STAR GAZING: Tommy Palasek led the way with two goals and two assists, while seniors Joel White and Stephen Keogh each scored a pair of goals. The senior class was recognized in a brief ceremony before the game.
WHAT’S NEXT: Here comes the NCAA tournament.
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse opens 2015 NCAA Tournament against Marist - May 8, 2015
- Syracuse among top five for 2016 guard Alterique Gilbert — Cuse Clicks - May 7, 2015