The Orange wrap up its regular season against the Red Storm (4-9, 2-3 Big East) on Saturday at the Carrier Dome. A win would give No. Syracuse (13-1, 5-0) its straight outright Big East regular-season title. It’s also Senior Day at the Dome, meaning that 14 seniors, including John Galloway and John Lade will be honored before the game.
BIG WIN: The Orange is coming off an 11-8 win over the Fighting Irish in the most highly anticipated game of the season. Then-No. 1 ranked Notre Dame scored the first two goals of the game, but a maligned Syracuse offense quickly struck back, and took a 9-5 lead at one point in the third quarter. This came against the nation’s top defense, which had allowed just 5.9 goals per game.
IN THE RED STORM’S LAST GAME: St. John’s is coming off a 14-7 loss to Drexel. The Dragons scored five quick goals in the first quarter and never looked back, as Robert Church scored five goals and added five assists in the win.
SCOUTING ST. JOHN’S: The Red Storm is led by its freshmen tandem of Kevin Cernuto (22 goals, 17 assists) and Kieran McArdle (20, 18). The two have combined for 77 points, which is the top scoring freshmen duo in the nation. In goal, Jeff Lowman is second in the nation in saves per game (12.62).
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: This is the fourth time the two schools will be meeting. Syracuse has won all three matchups, including a 15-7 win over the Red Storm on May 8, 2010. Chris Daniello scored four goals to lead SU.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016