With the Knicks eliminated from the playoffs and the offsesaon officially underway, there are several major issues that New York is going to have to deal with.
CHEMISTRY: The Knicks had very little time to gel after trading nearly half their roster in exchange for Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups. Amare Stoudemire, who was the Knicks only superstar before Anthony arrived, ended up deferring to Anthony on offense and also down the stretch. The Knicks did have a modest winning streak toward the end of the season, but the two will have to learn to thrive with each other and make each other better.
RESIGN BILLUPS?: Billups spent the last three games of the playoffs on the bench with a bum knee. He also missed time during the regular season after two thigh injuries. The Knicks only have a few days to decide whether to bring Billups back for $14 million for next season. There are few desirable options on the roster to replace him right now. Anthony Carter, who is also a free agent, is more of a 15-20 minute player. Toney Douglas showed he is more of a shooting guard and can only handle point guard duties in short bursts.
RESIGN DONNIE?: This seems to be an easy decision. In his short time in New York, Donnie Walsh did the unthinkable. He got the Knicks under the salary cap and landing two (three if you count Billups) superstars while making the Knicks relevant for the first time in a decade. That being said, the decision has not been made, and Walsh continues to hang in limbo.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017