No. 1 Syracuse plays its first home game since March 19 against Johns Hopkins when it hosts No. 5 Cornell on Tuesday at the Carrier Dome. Here’s a quick look at the game:
CARDIAC CUSE… AGAIN: Syracuse improved to 9-0 after downing a injury-plagued Princeton team, 7-5. Stephen Keogh scored three goals, including the go-ahead goal with 7:30 left as the Orange won for the seventh time this season by two goals or less. Kevin Drew scored on an empty net with 1:17 left for the final margin.
SCOUTING THE BIG RED: The Orange must figure out a way to slow down Big Red junior attackman Rob Pannell. He comes into this game first in the nation at 5.5 points per game, and is in the running for the Tewaaraton Trophy. Cornell also boasts senior attackman David Lau, who was just named Ivy League Player of the Week. Lau scored a career high five goals and added three assists in Cornell’s most recent game.
IN CORNELL’S LAST GAME: The Big Red is coming off a thrilling 13-12 victory against Harvard. Aside from Lau’s career day, Pannell (2), Steve Mock (3) and Jack Dudley (2) also found the net multiple times. The game featured a goalie change, as AJ Fiore came out and freshman Andrew West came on in relief. The rookie had three saves in his first career victory. With the win, Cornell improved to 8-2 overall and 4-0 in the Ivy League.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The last time these two teams played each other, Chris Daniello scored three goals, including the game winner as time expired to lead Syracuse to a 8-7 win at Schoellkopf Field. All time, Syracuse leads the series 61-33-1, and has won the past four games.
- What a Syracuse fan has to be thankful for on Thanksgiving - November 27, 2014
- 2016 wing VJ King taking things slowly with recruitment — Cuse Clicks - November 26, 2014
- 2016 forward Sedee Keita has several high-major offers — Cuse Clicks - November 25, 2014
- 2016 5-star point guard Kobi Simmons visits Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 24, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Pitt 30 - November 22, 2014
- Kaleb Joseph shows growth as Syracuse edges Iowa - November 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014