No. 1 Syracuse plays its first home game since March 19 against Johns Hopkins when it hosts No. 5 Cornell on Tuesday at the Carrier Dome. Here’s a quick look at the game:
CARDIAC CUSE… AGAIN: Syracuse improved to 9-0 after downing a injury-plagued Princeton team, 7-5. Stephen Keogh scored three goals, including the go-ahead goal with 7:30 left as the Orange won for the seventh time this season by two goals or less. Kevin Drew scored on an empty net with 1:17 left for the final margin.
SCOUTING THE BIG RED: The Orange must figure out a way to slow down Big Red junior attackman Rob Pannell. He comes into this game first in the nation at 5.5 points per game, and is in the running for the Tewaaraton Trophy. Cornell also boasts senior attackman David Lau, who was just named Ivy League Player of the Week. Lau scored a career high five goals and added three assists in Cornell’s most recent game.
IN CORNELL’S LAST GAME: The Big Red is coming off a thrilling 13-12 victory against Harvard. Aside from Lau’s career day, Pannell (2), Steve Mock (3) and Jack Dudley (2) also found the net multiple times. The game featured a goalie change, as AJ Fiore came out and freshman Andrew West came on in relief. The rookie had three saves in his first career victory. With the win, Cornell improved to 8-2 overall and 4-0 in the Ivy League.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The last time these two teams played each other, Chris Daniello scored three goals, including the game winner as time expired to lead Syracuse to a 8-7 win at Schoellkopf Field. All time, Syracuse leads the series 61-33-1, and has won the past four games.
- Tyus Battle injures foot with Michigan, Notre Dame watching — Cuse Clicks - February 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Notre Dame 60 - February 24, 2015
- 2016 forward Kassoum Yakwe to visit Iowa State — Cuse Clicks - February 24, 2015
- Combo guard Kobi Simmons has racked up 39 offers — Cuse Clicks - February 23, 2015
- Former Syracuse star CJ Fair to Orange fans: ‘Keep hope alive’ - February 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 65 - February 21, 2015
- Louisville, Florida and Ohio State to watch 5-star Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - February 20, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 69, Louisville 59 - February 18, 2015
- Louisville guard Chris Jones will not play against Syracuse - February 17, 2015
- Syracuse among schools working hardest for Kassoum Yakwe — Cuse Clicks - February 16, 2015