No. 1 Syracuse plays its first home game since March 19 against Johns Hopkins when it hosts No. 5 Cornell on Tuesday at the Carrier Dome. Here’s a quick look at the game:
CARDIAC CUSE… AGAIN: Syracuse improved to 9-0 after downing a injury-plagued Princeton team, 7-5. Stephen Keogh scored three goals, including the go-ahead goal with 7:30 left as the Orange won for the seventh time this season by two goals or less. Kevin Drew scored on an empty net with 1:17 left for the final margin.
SCOUTING THE BIG RED: The Orange must figure out a way to slow down Big Red junior attackman Rob Pannell. He comes into this game first in the nation at 5.5 points per game, and is in the running for the Tewaaraton Trophy. Cornell also boasts senior attackman David Lau, who was just named Ivy League Player of the Week. Lau scored a career high five goals and added three assists in Cornell’s most recent game.
IN CORNELL’S LAST GAME: The Big Red is coming off a thrilling 13-12 victory against Harvard. Aside from Lau’s career day, Pannell (2), Steve Mock (3) and Jack Dudley (2) also found the net multiple times. The game featured a goalie change, as AJ Fiore came out and freshman Andrew West came on in relief. The rookie had three saves in his first career victory. With the win, Cornell improved to 8-2 overall and 4-0 in the Ivy League.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The last time these two teams played each other, Chris Daniello scored three goals, including the game winner as time expired to lead Syracuse to a 8-7 win at Schoellkopf Field. All time, Syracuse leads the series 61-33-1, and has won the past four games.
- Syracuse among nine offers for Georgia RB Darius Stubbs — Cuse Clicks - May 26, 2015
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse opens 2015 NCAA Tournament against Marist - May 8, 2015