No. 1 Syracuse plays its first home game since March 19 against Johns Hopkins when it hosts No. 5 Cornell on Tuesday at the Carrier Dome. Here’s a quick look at the game:
CARDIAC CUSE… AGAIN: Syracuse improved to 9-0 after downing a injury-plagued Princeton team, 7-5. Stephen Keogh scored three goals, including the go-ahead goal with 7:30 left as the Orange won for the seventh time this season by two goals or less. Kevin Drew scored on an empty net with 1:17 left for the final margin.
SCOUTING THE BIG RED: The Orange must figure out a way to slow down Big Red junior attackman Rob Pannell. He comes into this game first in the nation at 5.5 points per game, and is in the running for the Tewaaraton Trophy. Cornell also boasts senior attackman David Lau, who was just named Ivy League Player of the Week. Lau scored a career high five goals and added three assists in Cornell’s most recent game.
IN CORNELL’S LAST GAME: The Big Red is coming off a thrilling 13-12 victory against Harvard. Aside from Lau’s career day, Pannell (2), Steve Mock (3) and Jack Dudley (2) also found the net multiple times. The game featured a goalie change, as AJ Fiore came out and freshman Andrew West came on in relief. The rookie had three saves in his first career victory. With the win, Cornell improved to 8-2 overall and 4-0 in the Ivy League.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The last time these two teams played each other, Chris Daniello scored three goals, including the game winner as time expired to lead Syracuse to a 8-7 win at Schoellkopf Field. All time, Syracuse leads the series 61-33-1, and has won the past four games.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016