I thought you were a genius, Joe Pearlman.
You were one of only two people out of nearly six million in the ESPN Tournament Challenge to correctly pick all Final Four teams. Out of those six million brackets, 70.3 percent of those brackets didn’t pick a single Final Four team (including yours truly). On top of that, only 0.6 called the Bulldogs and 0.1 had VCU.
Actually, Pearlman didn’t even pick VCU. According to that New York Times article, Pearlman actually had USC winning the play-in game. But since the play-in games on ESPN just lumped VCU and USC into one selection, Pearlman still looked like a prophet.
But not anymore. Connecticut beat Kentucky and Butler defeated VCU to form the 2011 title game. Joe’s bracket had VCU beating Kentucky in the finals.
Now, I have nothing left to believe in!
That’s all for this week, folks. See you at the same time, same place next week.
Editor in Chief
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016