I thought you were a genius, Joe Pearlman.
You were one of only two people out of nearly six million in the ESPN Tournament Challenge to correctly pick all Final Four teams. Out of those six million brackets, 70.3 percent of those brackets didn’t pick a single Final Four team (including yours truly). On top of that, only 0.6 called the Bulldogs and 0.1 had VCU.
Actually, Pearlman didn’t even pick VCU. According to that New York Times article, Pearlman actually had USC winning the play-in game. But since the play-in games on ESPN just lumped VCU and USC into one selection, Pearlman still looked like a prophet.
But not anymore. Connecticut beat Kentucky and Butler defeated VCU to form the 2011 title game. Joe’s bracket had VCU beating Kentucky in the finals.
Now, I have nothing left to believe in!
That’s all for this week, folks. See you at the same time, same place next week.
Editor in Chief
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017