The New York Knicks acquired former Syracuse star Carmelo Anthony in a multi-player trade with the Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves, ending months of speculation, The Denver Post reported on Monday night.
According to the report, the Knicks will receive Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and former Knicks draft pick Renaldo Balkman.
In exchange, the Knicks will send rookie Timofey Mozgov, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, the Knicks’ 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors’ 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors’ 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash to the Nuggets.
The Knicks also acquired Corey Brewer from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry’s expiring contract and $3 million. The Knicks can either keep Brewer, or use him in another deal. They have until the Thursday trading deadline to decide.
In his lone season with the Syracuse Orangemen, Anthony averaged 22.1 points and 10.0 rebounds, while leading the Orangemen to the 2003 National Championship.
The four-time All Star was averaging 25.2 points and 7.6 rebounds in his eighth season in the NBA. He will now join with Amare Stoudemire and the Knicks, who are 28-26, and are currently second in the Atlantic Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference.
Anthony had been involved in numerous trade rumors since he declined a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets last summer. Most recently, Anthony was linked to both the Knicks and the New Jersey Nets.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016