The New York Knicks acquired former Syracuse star Carmelo Anthony in a multi-player trade with the Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves, ending months of speculation, The Denver Post reported on Monday night.
According to the report, the Knicks will receive Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and former Knicks draft pick Renaldo Balkman.
In exchange, the Knicks will send rookie Timofey Mozgov, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, the Knicks’ 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors’ 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors’ 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash to the Nuggets.
The Knicks also acquired Corey Brewer from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry’s expiring contract and $3 million. The Knicks can either keep Brewer, or use him in another deal. They have until the Thursday trading deadline to decide.
In his lone season with the Syracuse Orangemen, Anthony averaged 22.1 points and 10.0 rebounds, while leading the Orangemen to the 2003 National Championship.
The four-time All Star was averaging 25.2 points and 7.6 rebounds in his eighth season in the NBA. He will now join with Amare Stoudemire and the Knicks, who are 28-26, and are currently second in the Atlantic Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference.
Anthony had been involved in numerous trade rumors since he declined a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets last summer. Most recently, Anthony was linked to both the Knicks and the New Jersey Nets.
- Bailey: Syracuse fans ‘should be happy’ with incoming 2016 football class - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Joel Honigford, Jairus Grissom, Izayah Green-May, JaVont’e Richardson - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Scout ranks Syracuse 43rd in average class stars - February 4, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse adds impressive class on 2016 National Signing Day - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: DeVaughn Cooper to choose between Syracuse, Arizona, Arizona State - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse loses out on Stewart Reese, Josh White - February 2, 2016
- Frank Howard dazzles as Syracuse rallies to defeat Georgia Tech - February 1, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Adrian Killins visits Syracuse, sets decision date - February 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Georgia Tech 57 - January 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse, FSU, Mississippi State in running for elite OL Stewart Reese - January 29, 2016