The New York Knicks acquired former Syracuse star Carmelo Anthony in a multi-player trade with the Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves, ending months of speculation, The Denver Post reported on Monday night.
According to the report, the Knicks will receive Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and former Knicks draft pick Renaldo Balkman.
In exchange, the Knicks will send rookie Timofey Mozgov, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, the Knicks’ 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors’ 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors’ 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash to the Nuggets.
The Knicks also acquired Corey Brewer from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry’s expiring contract and $3 million. The Knicks can either keep Brewer, or use him in another deal. They have until the Thursday trading deadline to decide.
In his lone season with the Syracuse Orangemen, Anthony averaged 22.1 points and 10.0 rebounds, while leading the Orangemen to the 2003 National Championship.
The four-time All Star was averaging 25.2 points and 7.6 rebounds in his eighth season in the NBA. He will now join with Amare Stoudemire and the Knicks, who are 28-26, and are currently second in the Atlantic Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference.
Anthony had been involved in numerous trade rumors since he declined a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets last summer. Most recently, Anthony was linked to both the Knicks and the New Jersey Nets.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Boston College 20 - October 22, 2016
- Boston College Eagles— 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 31, Virginia Tech 17 - October 15, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 9, Wake Forest 28 - October 8, 2016
- Waters: Syracuse basketball in ‘good shape’ for 2017 targets - October 6, 2016
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - October 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to 2017 five-star Billy Preston - October 4, 2016
- Syracuse football notebook: Tom Coughlin calls interview with Bills ‘none of your business’ - October 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Jasiah Provillon, Shayne Simon - October 3, 2016