The New York Knicks acquired former Syracuse star Carmelo Anthony in a multi-player trade with the Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves, ending months of speculation, The Denver Post reported on Monday night.
According to the report, the Knicks will receive Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and former Knicks draft pick Renaldo Balkman.
In exchange, the Knicks will send rookie Timofey Mozgov, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, the Knicks’ 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors’ 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors’ 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash to the Nuggets.
The Knicks also acquired Corey Brewer from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry’s expiring contract and $3 million. The Knicks can either keep Brewer, or use him in another deal. They have until the Thursday trading deadline to decide.
In his lone season with the Syracuse Orangemen, Anthony averaged 22.1 points and 10.0 rebounds, while leading the Orangemen to the 2003 National Championship.
The four-time All Star was averaging 25.2 points and 7.6 rebounds in his eighth season in the NBA. He will now join with Amare Stoudemire and the Knicks, who are 28-26, and are currently second in the Atlantic Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference.
Anthony had been involved in numerous trade rumors since he declined a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets last summer. Most recently, Anthony was linked to both the Knicks and the New Jersey Nets.
- 2016 wing VJ King taking things slowly with recruitment — Cuse Clicks - November 26, 2014
- 2016 forward Sedee Keita has several high-major offers — Cuse Clicks - November 25, 2014
- 2016 5-star point guard Kobi Simmons visits Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 24, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Pitt 30 - November 22, 2014
- Kaleb Joseph shows growth as Syracuse edges Iowa - November 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Iowa 63 - November 21, 2014
- Star 2015 forward Thomas Bryant to visit Kentucky — Cuse Clicks - November 21, 2014
- In loss to Cal, Syracuse basketball’s inexperience shows - November 21, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 59, California 73 - November 20, 2014
- Thomas Bryant considering Syracuse, Indiana and Missouri — Cuse Clicks - November 20, 2014