The New York Knicks acquired former Syracuse star Carmelo Anthony in a multi-player trade with the Denver Nuggets and Minnesota Timberwolves, ending months of speculation, The Denver Post reported on Monday night.
According to the report, the Knicks will receive Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and former Knicks draft pick Renaldo Balkman.
In exchange, the Knicks will send rookie Timofey Mozgov, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, the Knicks’ 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors’ 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors’ 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash to the Nuggets.
The Knicks also acquired Corey Brewer from the Minnesota Timberwolves in exchange for Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry’s expiring contract and $3 million. The Knicks can either keep Brewer, or use him in another deal. They have until the Thursday trading deadline to decide.
In his lone season with the Syracuse Orangemen, Anthony averaged 22.1 points and 10.0 rebounds, while leading the Orangemen to the 2003 National Championship.
The four-time All Star was averaging 25.2 points and 7.6 rebounds in his eighth season in the NBA. He will now join with Amare Stoudemire and the Knicks, who are 28-26, and are currently second in the Atlantic Division and sixth in the Eastern Conference.
Anthony had been involved in numerous trade rumors since he declined a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets last summer. Most recently, Anthony was linked to both the Knicks and the New Jersey Nets.
- Syracuse among nine offers for Georgia RB Darius Stubbs — Cuse Clicks - May 26, 2015
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse opens 2015 NCAA Tournament against Marist - May 8, 2015