Two of SU’s 2011 recruits, guard Michael Carter-Williams and center Rakeem Christmas, will play in the McDonald’s All-American game.
The game will be played March 30 at the United Center in Chicago and features 24 of the best high school players in the country split into an East and West squad.
The third member of SU’s recruiting class, guard Trevor Cooney, was nominated to participate in the game but was not picked.
Syracuse currently has one player on its roster who was a McDonald’s All American — Fab Melo.
The center, who was named Preseason Big East Freshman of the Year, has struggled through his rookie season with the Orange, averaging just 2.0 points and 1.8 rebounds per game.
Overall, 16 McDonald’s All Americans have attended Syracuse. Most recently, Johnny Flynn, Donte Green, Eric Devendorf and Carmelo Anthony have participated.
Kentucky will have the most recruits in the game with four, while Duke follows with three.
- Syracuse v. Notre Dame, 1/21/17: Predictions and analysis - January 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Boston College, 1/14/17: Predictions and analysis - January 13, 2017
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016