Among the hot topics in this edition include a sexual harassment lawsuit against SU women’s basketball coach Quentin Hillsman and the Orange’s upcoming matchup against Marquette.
This all actually stems from last summer when the allegations were originally made. Syracuse University launched their own investigation and found no basis for the allegations.
During the dark days of Syracuse football — commonly known as the Greg Robinson era — our friend and contributor Poncho Sinatra used to fight through the pain with posts called “things Syracuse football is better than.” These were posted on his old blog, the Sport Hump. I’d provide you with a link, but the thing seems to have disappeared.
With all the stuff going on with the basketball team, as well as the impending start of the lacrosse season for Syracuse, Sean of Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician and I got together via cellular telephonic devises and recorded the latest Nunes/Magician Podcast.
Let me start off by saying I’m a Syracuse alum – a proud alum who wouldn’t trade the four years I had at Syracuse for anything in the world. I spent two years and a summer interning for Michael Veley in the athletic department. I bleed Orange and Syracuse athletics is one of the driving forces in my life.
If you are a fan of Syracuse basketball, you are sick of losing right about now. We could live with losing in Pittsburgh and get over a loss to Villanova. But what we witnessed on Tuesday night in the Carrier Dome is something we are all going to need rectified, and quickly.
On Saturday, Syracuse takes on the first of three consecutive road opponents, first venturing to Milwaukee to take on Marquette. The Golden Eagles’s season has been one of many close calls. Six of their eight losses, all to very good teams, have come by five points or fewer.
Statement from Coach Quentin Hillsman: “These allegations are untrue and hurtful to me and my family. I have great respect for my players, my coaches, and Syracuse University. I will not allow this to distract me or our team.”
After watching his ninth-ranked Syracuse basketball team get blown out by unranked Seton Hall at home on Tuesday night, head coach Jim Boeheim said in his post-game news conference, “I’ll be real honest, I was a little disappointed in some of the effort tonight.”
- Syracuse v. Miami Football Predictions - October 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017