Williams has given his verbal commitment to Notre Dame early this morning. Reports say defensive coordinator Bob Diaco was at the Williams home early Friday.
Sources close to SyracuseFan.com have just confirmed that Brandon Reddish has given the Orange their second verbal commitment of the night to go along with Shutang Mungwa.
Unfortunately, even with impeccable academics things still don’t work out for some student-athletes at Stanford as was the case for Shutang Mungwa, however his second love has always been for Syracuse and within a half hour of finding out he was denied admission by them he committed to the Orange on Wednesday.
What’s so great about the article is the way Boeheim comes off compared to his younger counterparts. While Villanova’s Jay Wright, St. John’s Steve Lavin and Georgetown’s John Thompson III seem to live in abject fear of their athletes being on Twitter and Facebook (“I think it’s something that’s very dangerous”), Boeheim (and by extension Syracuse University) practice something seemingly insane
Syracuse must take advantage of every home game in the league, like every other team needs to. The road in the Big East is always tough, so when Syracuse can play at home they need to play well. Especially against a team that by all measurements is not as good talent wise.
Like St. John’s, Cincinnati is a program that has fallen on hard times – since immigrating to the Big East for the 2005-06 season, they haven’t made the NCAA Tournament once. And like the Orange, the Bearcats’ schedule has come under some heavy criticism; somewhat because of a lack of a true road game in the non-con schedule (although beating reeling Oklahoma in Oklahoma City should count for something), but mostly from the fact that their slate was not very competitive, no matter the location of the games played.
Perhaps that was enough, because late afternoon Thursday word came down that the next head coach at Connecticut is indeed our old friend Coach P.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016