Williams has given his verbal commitment to Notre Dame early this morning. Reports say defensive coordinator Bob Diaco was at the Williams home early Friday.
Sources close to SyracuseFan.com have just confirmed that Brandon Reddish has given the Orange their second verbal commitment of the night to go along with Shutang Mungwa.
Unfortunately, even with impeccable academics things still don’t work out for some student-athletes at Stanford as was the case for Shutang Mungwa, however his second love has always been for Syracuse and within a half hour of finding out he was denied admission by them he committed to the Orange on Wednesday.
What’s so great about the article is the way Boeheim comes off compared to his younger counterparts. While Villanova’s Jay Wright, St. John’s Steve Lavin and Georgetown’s John Thompson III seem to live in abject fear of their athletes being on Twitter and Facebook (“I think it’s something that’s very dangerous”), Boeheim (and by extension Syracuse University) practice something seemingly insane
Syracuse must take advantage of every home game in the league, like every other team needs to. The road in the Big East is always tough, so when Syracuse can play at home they need to play well. Especially against a team that by all measurements is not as good talent wise.
Like St. John’s, Cincinnati is a program that has fallen on hard times – since immigrating to the Big East for the 2005-06 season, they haven’t made the NCAA Tournament once. And like the Orange, the Bearcats’ schedule has come under some heavy criticism; somewhat because of a lack of a true road game in the non-con schedule (although beating reeling Oklahoma in Oklahoma City should count for something), but mostly from the fact that their slate was not very competitive, no matter the location of the games played.
Perhaps that was enough, because late afternoon Thursday word came down that the next head coach at Connecticut is indeed our old friend Coach P.
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017