By all accounts if you were visiting NYC from a foreign country during late December, no one would have blame you for thinking Syracuse University was actually located in Manhattan. It was DOC Gross’ dream come true (he’s still working on that Manhattan move…). The flip side, however, is that DOC’s dream is St. John’s nightmare.
While it was one of the more forgettable games in that it was fraught with missed shots not just from the floor, but also from the free throw line, Brandon Triche put the team on his back in the second half’s run that proved to be the difference-maker.
When it comes to calling technical fouls, the 2010-2011 season leader is running away with the crown the way Tiger Woods used to run away from the field on Sunday Augusta. The current leader is a ref named Doug Sirmons
Our good friend Pico, who you may know from his many basketball roundtables at The East Coast Bias, has jumped ship and is the official St. John’s blogger for Sports Blog Nation. His new site Rumble In The Garden is now live and we’re honored he asked us to be his first big Q&A. We’ve done this before so let’s get right to it.
One thing I noticed while watching St. Johns against Georgetown last Monday — the Red Storm absolutely attack the offensive glass. In one second-half stretch the Johnnies got at least two cracks at the basket every time down the floor (or at least it seemed that way), and scored the game-winning points on a putback.
Rob Trudo looks safe as a Syracuse Orange commit. And this begins The Fizz’s slight reprieve from Days of Ishaq’s Life.
UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma was questioned following practice Monday about his friendship with Syracuse men’s coach Jim Boeheim. Auriemma was asked if the two were really good friends and if they genuinely liked each other. Auriemma laughed, saying those were two different questions. “Are we really good friends? Yes,” Geno deadpanned. “Do we like each other a lot? No.”
The buddies from Neumann-Goretti High School in Philadelphia envisioned it this way. Without them, the Orange likely wouldn’t be on anybody’s radar.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016