Fresh of Syracuse’s best performance of the season in a 72-58 win over, Michigan State, Syracuse travels home to face Colgate on Saturday at 7 p.m.
The Orange (9-0) dominated the Spartans (6-3) on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden in the Jimmy V Classic, as Rick Jackson scored 17 points and pulled down 16 rebounds in the game.
Jackson has been Syracuse’s most consistent player this season, and is averaging 13.6 points and 12.8 rebounds. The senior forward has recorded a double-double in seven of out nine games this season.
“He’s been a monster inside defensively, offensively,” Boehiem said of Jackson. “He’s been tremendous. He’s been steady and stable every game for us. He’s been as good as any inside guy.”
Meanwhile, the hapless Raiders are winless in their seven games, and are coming off a 68-57 loss to St. Francis (N.Y.). The Raiders, who are shooting just 40 percent from the field this season, are led by forward Yaw Gyawu, who is averaging 13.7 points per game.
The two teams met last year on Nov. 30 when the Orange trounced the Raiders 92-58. In that game, Wes Johnson led all scorers with 19 points on 8-of-10 shooting and 3-of-4 from downtown.
That gave Syracuse a 117-45 advantage in the all-time series between the two schools. Syracuse has not lost a game against Colgate since 1962, and has gone 72-18 at home against its upstate rival.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016