Syracuse punter Rob Long will miss the 2010 New Era Pinstripe Bowl after doctors discovered a benign tumor in Long’s brain, the school announced today.
Long had been experiencing headaches over the past several weeks and an MRI performed on Dec. 2 revealed the tumor. Long will have surgery within the next few days and will not participate in any of the upcoming practices.
In his Twitter feed, @RobLong47, Long told his followers, “I will be in NYC on December 30 with my teammates at Yankee Stadium. I refuse to let anything keep me from being there.”
Long, who is a senior captain for the team, is second in career punting average in school history (43.3 yards per punt).
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017