Certainly a busy news week with Syracuse. On the football front, the Orange was invited to the Pinstripe Bowl where they will face familiar foe Kansas State. Basketball defeated Cornell, and is gearing up to face N.C. State. Here’s what else is going on around the Cuse Collective:
This Week in Stupid: Leader versus Scorer – Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician: What I truly despise, are morons. The imbeciles. The dopes who step on soapboxes and proclaim something as fact while crediting their unicorn for the prophecy underlying their sophisticated understanding of the world. In short, I hate people just like me, but who aren’t as eloquent.
Orange Looks Damn Good In Pinstripes – Otto’s Army: Let’s digest a few numbers: 1, 4, 2, 3,4. Those are the number of wins Syracuse had each season from 2005 to 2009, and they are why today’s official announcement that the Orange have accepted a bid to play in the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium is just the icing on the cake of an excellent season.
The Orange::44 Podcast Episode 3 – Orange::44: Syracuse has accepted their Pinstripe Bowl bid. But that’s not all that’s happened lately. Orange::44 Correspondent John Brennan and I spend 55 minutes talking about much more. We start out talking about the end of the football season.
Stay Classy Lebron – Three Idiots on Sports: For those of you living in a cave or out of earshot of sports talk radio, Lebron James returned to Cleveland for the first time since he took his talents to South Beach. I get the fact that the man earned his free agency and exercised his right to relocate– no problems there.
Gunning for Brandon – CuseOrange: In the past, player defections, attitude problems and injuries have prompted Jim Boeheim to shuffle his starting lineup earlier than he would have liked. Louie McCroskey, Josh Wright and Billy Edelin are just a few examples, and those are only from the last seven years. Shortly into the 2008-09 season, Boeheim relegated fan favorite Kristof Ongenaet to the bench not because of any of the above problems, but simply because playing Rick Jackson gave the Orange a post threat to complement Arinze Onuaku without a significant dropoff on the defensive end.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017