Welcome back everyone. After a six month hiatus, The Juice has made the leap from print to digital. Nothing much is going to change about The Juice. You can still count on us for the inside story and expert analysis on Syracuse athletics, and you can still count on us to go indepth into Syracuse basketball, football and lacrosse.
A lot has happened since we were gone. The Orange has undergone a renaissance in football under second year coach Doug Marrone. It’s hard to think that it’s been nine seasons since Syracuse ended up with a winning record, and six since the Orange played in a Bowl Game. Well, that is no longer thanks to a come-from-behind victory on the road against Rutgers.
Even though Syracuse has stumbled recently, losing three of its past four games, there’s no question that Syracuse is heading in the right direction.
We can only hope that Orange basketball continues to do the same. Syracuse has gotten off to a rocky start, adjusting to the losses of Wes Johnson, Andy Rautins and Arinze Onauku. Certainly, there are lots of questions across the board. Can Kris Joseph become the next superstar? Can Rick Jackson lock down the interior? Can Fab Melo live up to all of the hype?
And, of course, speaking of hype, plenty is always around when it comes to lacrosse. Coming off a great regular season, going 13-2 (6-0 Big East) in the inaugural season of Big East lacrosse, the Orange was upset by Army in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
The loss thwarted the Orange’s attempt at a three-peat, and left a bitter taste heading into the 2011 season. Syracuse basketball’s theme for this season is “Unfinished Business,” and lacrosse can certainly empathize with their fellow Orange.
Either way, it makes for a very interesting and enjoyable next six months. Sit back, enjoy, and keep it tuned into The Juice Online!
Editor in Chief
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017